CreaLog has made the protection of the environment and the promotion of human health a major priority. Overall aim of the environmental management process is to keep our employees sensitized to the company's various measures for the protection of the environment and the conservation of resources.
Conserving environmental resources
- Business trips are, where possible, to be undertaken by rail instead of plane or car. On application, employees can be provided with a BahnCard, a discount rail travel card.
- When selecting cars for the company fleet, fuel consumption is to be an important factor. All employees are encouraged to drive "smart" at all times – i.e. sensibly and alert to fuel efficiency.
- CreaLog offices can easily be reached by public transport. Their central position also facilitates getting there on foot or by bicycle.
- Documentations and manuals should be made available to the customers either electronically or in CD format – and not as printouts.
- The employees' environmental awareness is to be continually raised. Special environment training courses will be organized in this respect.
Restricting the use of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- The RoHS Directive is to be observed during hardware acquisition procedures.
- Hazardous substances are to be labeled accordingly and to be recycled in accordance with the requirements.
- All employees are required to switch off electrical appliances and workplace PCs when not in use.
- During acquisition procedures relating to customer systems and workplace PCs, consideration must be given to purchasing particularly energy-efficient systems.
- Air conditioners are only to be installed in server rooms.
- Each employee is expected to use electricity and water sparingly.
Raw materials cycle
- E-waste is to be collected separately before being recycled via specialist waste disposal companies in accordance with legal requirements.
- Packaging materials such as polystyrene, cardboard and paper are, if possible, to be re-used or collected separately and disposed of appropriately.
- Corrugated cardboard is to be used as packaging material for servers and accessories.
- Waste output at CreaLog is to be continually reduced.
Legislation and official regulations
- It is the task of the Environment Officer at CreaLog to compile, file and archive all laws and regulations relating to the environment.
All employees at CreaLog are required to adhere to the environmental management guidelines. These Guidelines are to be made known to each employee. It is the task of the company management to monitor the success of implementation on an ongoing basis.